The National Nursing Assistant Week will be celebrated. It recognizes nursing assistants, who help the elderly in nursing homes, assisted living centers, and in their own homes as well as the sick and infirm in hospitals. These direct care workers play a major role in helping the elderly and sick live a quality life. They perform many different tasks from meal preparation, assisting with dressing and showers, to taking the person to medical appointments.
We should be thankful for the hard work and dedication that certified nursing assistants provide. They are some of the hardest working people in healthcare but usually do not get the accolades or glory.
June Weather Lore
- If June is sunny, the harvest will come early.
- If it rains on June 8, it foretells a wet harvest.
- Cut your thistles before St. John (June 24), and you will have two instead of one.
- If it rains on June 27, it will rain for seven weeks.
- When it is hottest in June, it will be coldest on the same days of the following February.
- June, damp and warm, does a farmer no harm